It got me to thinking, obviously, about my "bucket list."
What do I really want to do before I die? Is it that important to me to hurl myself off a tall building with only a rubber band to stop me?? Maybe. But what do I really want to do?
Here's my constantly changing list (in no particular order):
I'm not going to limit myself to a certain amount of items or a certain kind of item. I'm just looking to make my life a little more adventurous and a little more spontaneous. If I get the chance to do one of these things I am going to take it.
- Become a parent (yes, I AM going to put this first).
- Live in another country for a year
- Marry my best friend
- Attend & graduate from law school
- Have a successful law career
- Be fluent in French
- Do something of an activist nature -- participate in a protest or rally.
- Take a self-defense class
- Procrastinate less
- Swim with the bioluminescent plankton
- See a Broadway Play
- Travel with my sister
- Raise awareness about People First Language
- Learn ASL
- Sleep in a hammock on a tropical island with the sound of waves lapping in the background
- See the Northern Lights
- Do something awesome to repay my parents for the wonderful life they have given me
- Stay friends with J, G, S, & T for the rest of my life
- Get another tattoo
- Donate bone marrow
- Swim with dolphins
- Own a home ...
- ...with a fully stocked library
- ...with a window seat ... preferably the same house as the library
- Do something drastic with my hair
- Find a signature cocktail
- Use a parasol
- Learn how to properly use & wear makeup
- Learn how to not be so emotional when I argue
- Keep a list of every book I read from now on
- Learn to only save/keep the things that really do have meaning
- Visit France including Bordeaux, Paris, Clermont-Ferrand etc (to be updated)
- Visit England - London, etc
- Visit Greece - Athens!, Parthenon
- Visit Italy - eat gelato at the fountains in Rome
- Have professional pictures done
- Sky dive
- Pay for the person behind me (i.e. toll booth, coffee shop, restaurant, etc)
- Write one handwritten card or letter per week for a year
- Go skiing again
- Learn how to water ski
- Be able to do more push-ups than my dad
- Show up at the airport with my bag and passport- take the first available flight
- Get my passport
- Achieve & maintain a healthy weight
- Do 5 unassisted pull-ups
- Scuba dive off the Great Barrier Reef
Here's where I get all preachy and motivating: I challenge you to make your own list. Take charge of your life! Do what you want. /endcheesiness
Also, here are a few things I've already had the pleasure of doing that would be on my list:
- Visit DC
- Get a tattoo
- Pilot an airplane ... as in I actually took over and flew the plane!!!
Also, I've added a link to the sidebar, so that you have the pleasure of reviewing this anytime you want. You know, if you want to fund one of my pursuits ... ::hint-hint::
Also, Also, when I accomplish one of my pursuits I will make sure to update it on here :)