Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lessons from the ST.

I've decided to start a new ... "series."

Lessons from S & T. It's a play on words ... S&T ... ST. ... St. .... Saint ... get it? lol

Every single time I watch them I learn something new. It may be huge or it may just be a little something.
Some of the lessons I've learned:

Babies stop crying eventually. While T is a marvelous baby there was one time she was very cranky (hey happens to every baby! & me too). She wouldn't stop crying. I was so sad I couldn't fix her problems for her. But then? She just stopped. I guess she just needed to let it all out! But I realized ... even when it's bad all babies stop crying eventually. She really didn't cry for long, but it was enough for me to learn the lesson.

Also here's a good lesson: When the older brother is way too quiet in the living room while you are rocking younger sister to sleep in the bedroom he may or may not have gotten into the Easter chocolate candy. Then he will come into the bedroom... grin at you with chocolate ALL over his mouth ... it will be the most innocent grin & you can't help but laugh! & that will wake up baby sister. Sigh. ... She will go back to sleep though.
---- & while I was rocking her again I told S "You sit down right there right now." His reply? The most sheepish look & quiet little "I'm in trouble huh?" Oh my heart sank. & I wanted to roll on the floor laughing at the same time. It is one of my favorite memories with him! ♥

So today's lesson - Babies make everything better. Even when you are having an all around good day - it will get better when you rock her to sleep, feed her, watch her discover new things, and spend quality time talking. T is so much fun & I adore her. & she and her brother make my days better. Even the great ones get better when I see them!! & of course they cure my bad days too.

Next Thursday I'm due to sit again... more lessons then!


Bisous, Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment