Sunday, April 4, 2010

& tomorrow can be over now. thank you.

Tomorrow is scary.

I'm teaching a concept clarification lesson about sectionalism leading up to the Civil War. I have to link in the Missouri Compromise, the Compromise of 1850, the Kansas-Nebraska Act (& Bleeding Kansas), Uncle Tom's Cabin, Dred Scott Decision, & John Brown's Raid on Harpers Ferry.
Tonight all I am doing is reading, reading, studying, studying, and reading about those events. You better believe you ask me something about them tomorrow and I'll know it! (I hope!)

So I was stalking people perusing fb today. I came across this friend's quote:


"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K. Chesterton (Note: I can't find a source on this, so am not entirely sure this is an accurate quotation.)


It made me feel oddly calm.
Thank you.

1 comment: